SA Water developed a new way to plan, manage and deliver major projects and capital investment. Their focus on continuous improvement enabled the development of an improved strategic model of delivery centred on engaging the best capability to deliver the infrastructure investment included in the 2020-24 Regulatory Business Period (RBP). The RBP features a program of works valued at approximately $1.5 billion of investment to continue to deliver exceptional customer outcomes by sustaining and improving water and wastewater assets.
The new approach, Delivering Capital Together, was formed to create long-lasting partnerships with industry specialists through a new framework model. This new model saw three Major Framework Partners (MFPs) working closely with SA Water to plan and deliver work, supported by a management structure with shared risk and responsibility.
The John Holland Guidera O’Connor Joint Venture (JHGO) commenced work as one of three MFPs in July 2020 and is designing and delivering Water Treatment infrastructure and associated works for SA Water until 2024.
GTP is a key part of the JHGO team, leading the delivery of Stakeholder Engagement services for its projects in collaboration with SA Water. We have provided a large and diverse team of specialists to support the program through preparation of strategic communications, management of community and stakeholder engagement on a range of small and large projects, leadership of Customer and Community key performance indicators and regular outcomes reporting.
Some of our key projects include:
- St Marys and Melrose Park trunk water main installation (3.5kms of new water main installed in residential and commercial streets)
- Goodwood – Daws – Springbank trunk water main relocation
- Wet Well Relining Program, involving the repair and relining of underground sewer wet wells across metropolitan Adelaide and regional SA
- Yankalilla trunk main (Stage 1), involving installation of a large diameter water main in a busy section of Main South Road near Wattle Flat
- Tonsley water main relocation, as early works ahead of the Torrens to Darlington project
We have successfully delivered an integrated communications and engagement model with SA Water through implementation of a high performing collaborative approach and a willingness to learn and grow together in the effective planning, management and delivery of major projects and capital investment decisions across SA. This has supported greater alignment and integration in decision making, information and performance management.